Sunday, January 16, 2011

CRICUT CARDZ CHALLENGE #57

I am battling a sour throat and cough today so not much going on today. Laptops are great, they can come to bed with you! I made this card for my nephew's wife, Michele, who's birthday is in February. That's the good thing about participating in challenges - getting cards made ahead of time.
This is my entry for the red, white & black colour challenge at Cricut Cardz Challenge.






I used my Gypsy to manipulate the Marquee1 shape from Storybook (pg 66). Unlock the width & Height and change to -Large 3.5H 3.25W
Small 2.75H 2.5W
Using Plantin make a rectangle 1H x 5 1/4W. Weld these three shapes together. This makes a one piece mat.
The layers of white bling and pattern paper were cut 1/4" smaller both height and width. The red Pomegranate Bazzill background was embossed with a Sizzix folder from the Floral Flourishs and Vine set. The letter was sized by putting it inside the mat and using the size up button and increasing it until it looked good.


Details:
Card Size - 4 1/4 x 51/2
Cart - Storybook
Card stock - white, pomegranate, white bling Bazzill, Deep Heritage Black colormates
Pattern Paper - Basic Grey Black Tie (Ventana)
Embellishment - Mini felt fusion by Queen & Co.

This was fun and I like the colour scheme
. It is funny how we get stuck in a rut buying the same colours and only working within our comfort zones. Be brave and try a different colour. It is not life threatening, trust me,

Happy Cricut Crafting
Colleen

5 comments:

  1. I love these colors together. They are always so elegant. I know what you mean about choosing the same colors. That is why I like challenges...they always have something different. : )

    Great card,
    Georgiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done, thanks for sharing the images on your gypsy, so helpful. Thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creativity! I am also doing challenges (something new for me) and became a follower. I hope you are having fun and would love it if you follow me too!

    Mama LoveBug
    http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card.

    Thanks for playing along @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete

 

lawsuit loans