Sunday, February 27, 2011

WACKY WEDNESDAY #27 FARM THEME & EMBOSS IT CHALLENGE



With all the snow that is falling outside it was nice to have challenges to work on. After going to church I didn't want to go out again until the roads are cleared.
This card was too much fun to make. The Create a Critter cart is fast becoming one of my favourites. Today I cut out a dozen horses, dogs and cows to have fun with.
Over at More that Favors the challenge this week is a Farm Theme. So I started thinking about how I could display my farm yard. I haven't made a stair step card without a side before but the barn needed more room. I scored the paper at 1", 2", 2", 4 1/4 & 6 1/4". The red part of the barn is embossed and all the pieces are inked on the edges. All the brown papers are so old I don't know the manufacturer. I have been really making a dent in my stash lately which is a very good thing.

Details:
Carts - Create a Critter, Camp Out, My World
Card size - 5 1/2" x 5"
Stamp - Happy Birthday by My Sentiments Exactly
Create a Critter - horse @ 3", Howdy @ 1 1/2", barn @ 4"
Camp Out - sign @ 3"
My World - fence @ 2"

Challenges:
More than Favors - #27 Farm Theme. Paula and her DT run two challenges so check them out.
Scrappy Moms - use Create a Critter. Make sure to check out the stamps she sells. They go great with lots of the cartridges.
Fanatabulous Cricut - Emboss It. There is a post everyday to this blog that you should check out.
Check out all the entries into the challenges and you will find some amazingly talented people with great blogs.

My next challenge entry is going to be Spring themed but it is going to take a lot of imagination to forget all this snow. My husband is in bed with a sore back and I am wondering if we will get out to work tomorrow.

Happy Cricut Crafting
Colleen

21 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love the little scene you've created on your card. Great job with the embossing too!
    Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I think we are done with snow here and I am sure glad. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card, Colleen! I love the embossing and all the details! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, I love it!! My favorite is the paper you chose for the horses muzzle, it looks adorable!!! TFS, your new follower Cathryn67 :)
    inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card!! The dimension/layers just makes the card!! I am your newest follower!! Jennifer (www.countrycricut.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I am having a challenge over at my blog if you would like to enter! Hugs Dina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did an awesome job!! Love the stair step card. I have never done one before but will have to give it a try after seeing your card. Thanks for inspiring :0) Just became a follower too!

    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for joining us at the Canadian Crafty Blog Hop … there are so many talented Crafty Canadians and I am so glad you were able to join us.

    I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for coming and following me, I am now following you too. I love your projects. Great job on them.
    Hugs,
    Melissa D
    mkds312@hotmail.com
    www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute! A great use of variety and sizes to create the barnyard theme for a stair step card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really fun card..love the way it displays. Congrats on being in the top five!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card! I found you on the Canadian blog hop and have now become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute!! Love how you built a scene with the stair step card! WOW!!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg this just so cute.love the way you placed all the images on this card.just love it.thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is sooooo adorable - love Create a Critter! Thanks for following my blog - I'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I left you a “prize/gift” on my blog – please check it: click here

    ~ Jacqueline
    Made by Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card I'm a new follower Love your blog

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love step up cards and this one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What size paper do u start with!

    ReplyDelete

 

lawsuit loans