Wednesday, February 9, 2011

ORGANIZING EMBOSSING FOLDERS


I have a large collection of embossing folders. Provo Craft is pretty clever making them to match the cartridges! I cut cheap white card stock (Staples) into 4 1/4" x 5" pieces and embossed every folder. For some, that was the first time I used them (bad I know). I refuse to count how many I have! I used an acrylic file folder shaped mini album as the dividers. I did Seasonal, floral, Cut & emboss, Asian, words, borders and frames. It really helps when designing to look through the book quickly and then find the folder in the drawer. I have a six drawer plastic storage drawer unit right under my Cuttlebug and Big Shot that got organized and holds all my folders and die cuts.
The book measures 5" x 12". I covered back & front of both covers with paper. I used by new Distress machine from Zutter to distress the front cover. I got that for Christmas and this was the first time I used it, too much fun. I added some ink to the edges. Of course then the cover just begged to be embellished! It fits nicely in the top drawer for easy access.
I am doing well finding homes for all my stuff and keeping my desk clean. I clean up after each card or project and start fresh again. Even getting the scrap paper put away by color cleans up a large portion of the mess.
I am now working on my paper. So that will be my next post on organization.

Happy Cricut Crafting
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

lawsuit loans